A bumper crop of inspirational travel links from the blogosphere. I really enjoyed this month’s round-up.
- Intelligent Travel is running a series on readers’ guides to their favourite cities. In this post, Londoner Emma Torry gives us a personal tour of Hong Kong, from her top dim sum haunts to her favourite natural beauty spots.
- England is beautiful in the summer – check out these photos of swimming in the canal at Stratford upon Avon. The Soultravelers3 family were there to soak up the sunshine in August last year.
- Liz at Perceptive Travel Blog shares the news that Perceptive Travel Magazine is now monthly and highlights her favourite articles.
- Andy at Europe a la Carte writes about modern art in Amsterdam and what’s on offer while the Stedelijk is closed.
- Jenn at Intelligent Travel writes about St Patrick’s Day in the elegant southern US city of Savannah, Georgia.
- Fabulous photos from Steve (aka @ourman on Twitter) on International Women’s Day in Bamenda, Cameroon.
- Kim at Wild About Travel + Writing takes some travel inspiration from Western movies. Check out her article Scenes from Central Casting about Monument Valley on the Utah/Arizona border, published in the Sydney Morning Herald and Melbourne Age recently.
- Pam at Nerd’s Eye View hangs out with the fish in the Seattle Aquarium.
- When is opera not opera? Lara at Cool Travel Guide spends a night at the opera in Verona, Italy.
- There are a lot of things women can’t do in Saudi Arabia but they CAN go horse riding – Susie of Arabia tells us all about it.
- A great post on Melbourne, Australia’s second largest city, at Wild Junket.
- Kristin at Camels and Chocolate writes about an illicit (for her since she’s American) trip to Cuba – just about everything that could go wrong did, but at least it was memorable. There are lots of cool pics since this is her submission to Photo Friday, a weekly blogging event run by Debbie at Delicious Baby.
- Jen at Folie a Deux parties in Tel Aviv before leaving for Jerusalem on the next leg of her trip to Israel.
- And here on Roaming Tales, you may have noticed a refresh in the site design and the fact that I’ve merged with my food blog (formerly The Gooseberry Fool). In recent posts, I explore fairytale Copenhagen and rural Nicaragua, share a recipe for Lebanese eggplant stew and discuss my picks for the Tourism Queensland blogging job.
Photo by: Freeparking on Flickr, licensed under Creative Commons. The original image is the 1880 oil painting “Flying Carpet” by Russian painter Viktor Vasnetsov.