It’s been another super-awesome year for Passports with Purpose! We set ourselves a goal of raising $50,000 for LAFTI to build a village in India for people from the Dalit (“Untouchable”) caste. We’ve raised $52,000 so far! That is thanks to the collective efforts of the founders, participating bloggers, sponsors and everyone who has bought a raffle ticket. Yay us!
But really, don’t we want to shoot past our goal like we did last year? There’s no question that the money will go to good use – I understand from the Passports with Purpose crew that LAFTI’s costs have risen and that $75,000 would ensure the project was fully funded. There’s 29 hours to go – the raffle closes at midnight (US Pacific time) on Monday December 13. I don’t know if we can make it to $75,000 but I do know that a strong final day will make an enormous difference to the lives of 25 families on the other side of the world. You can buy raffle tickets using PayPal wherever you are in the world – many of the prizes are available internationally but always check the item description.
If you’ve been waiting until the last minute to buy your raffle tickets or sitting on the fence about whether to buy more, now is the time. Perhaps you want to play the odds? The Passports with Purpose crew have put together a post detailing which prizes you have the best chance of winning.
Or perhaps you are overwhelmed by the sheer number of fantastic prizes? Here’s my pick of the best prizes on offer – including my own!
- Overnight stay in the executive suite of the Fairmont Olympic in Seattle, hosted here on Roaming Tales. Do check out the great Q&A with hotel staff giving an insider’s perspective into the secret haunts of Seattle and the history of the hotel.
- Flight for two on a zeppelin with Airship Ventures, anywhere they fly. This is mainly California – including the San Francisco Bay Area, Monterey Coast, Los Angeles and San Diego – but the zeppelin will be touring the East Coast and Mid West next year as well. Interested to know what flying on a zeppelin is like? Read all about my first-hand experience here.
- An iPad (16GB, WiFi+3G) to be shipped anywhere in the world, hosted by Andy at DSRB.
- $US800 toward a vacation stay rental anywhere in the world with HomeAway, hosted by Lara and Terence at Grantourismo.
- A coastal cruise of spectacular Norway with Hurtigruten, hosted by Nancy from What a Trip!
- Three-night stay at Rancho de los Caballeros in Arizona with optional horse riding every day, hosted by Vera at A Traveler’s Library.
- Three-night stay at any Aqua hotel in Waikiki and activities package, hosted by Pam at Holoholo Wale.
- If you like oysters and are heading to Seattle, I think this Walrus and Carpenter oyster tour sounds like a lot of fun! Hosted by Andrea at Wanderlust and Lipstick.
There are loads more prizes, including flights in the United States, Kindle e-readers, cameras, high-end travel and camping gear, and accommodation at hotels and resorts all over the place. So what are you waiting for? Here’s the link to buy a raffle ticket: http://www.passportswithpurpose.com/donate/. Hurry, there’s not much more time before the raffle closes!
A huge shout-out once again to the Passports with Purpose main sponsors: BootsnAll, LiveMocha, Round the World with Us, HomeAway, Traveller’s Point, Hostelling International, Quintess, Raveable, TravelPost, and UpTake. And a special thank you to my own sponsors, the Fairmont Olympic in Seattle and Airship Ventures in California.